Thursday, June 25, 2009

Splenda, not Sugar?

I'm wondering if Mr. C is the right SD for me. I've seen him like 4 times now, but the second time I told him he didn't have to give me money or anything and the third time he didn't give me any money but today he asked me how much I would like and I said, "Could I maybe have $300?" He said that was a little high and could he give me $200 and I said sure. But I'm wondering should I have tried for $250? Am I being too nice? I wish he had just given me a lump sum allowance at once it would be a lot easier. Maybe I should suggest it but I think he'd worry that I'd rip him off. Anyway, I realize I'm being beyond submissive and that I need to take a stance and look at this like a business thing but I'm actually really attracted to him. He has very long eyelashes, beautiful eyes. Now something that he is concerned with is being in public with me I've noticed. It's because I look so young, gosh I could pass for 15! My baby face is dooming me and I'm acting like a child too, not being assertive about allowance and things of that nature. New rule for myself: I will never refuse money from him. Question, is it rude to ask for money if the guy doesn't pull out his wallet? Like to remind him? I thought maybe he would give me more and be diplomatic about it since he forgot to give me money 3rd date but hm. Anyway, I think this is a temporary situation also because he is totalllllly different from me. I love writing poetry and he doesn't even like to read. He's immersed in the DOW and I don't really care much about economics (though I know almost all SDs would be interested in that stuff!) Anyway I've stayed in touch with several guys who are very eloquent and charming. I have a tentative date in the city with one who has been impressing me with his knowledge of poetry, opera, the arts....only thing is these are significantly older men, in their fifties and Mr. C is only 36 and that was a huge selling point for me actually (and also the fact he is single). Something else I like about Mr. C is I can tell he actually cares about me and is very respectful. Although, if I stay with him I realized that I will have to have sex with him....Sex in my mind was always something very serious and reserved for people I am enamored with but I think in this situation I need to adjust my perspective. I'm really nervous about Sunday actually I find myself also putting off dates with guys I'm so shy. Now to find someone who can appreciate that without taking advantage : /

2 comments:

  1. You've been on 4 dates with this guy and he hasn't given you an allowance or even talked about it really? Yeah, you definitely need to be more assertive and not necessarily ask for money, but bring it up in a subtle but direct way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this problem but I soon found the more direct you are the more you will get. With this sort of thing you have to be assertive and play a little dumb at the same time. Act sweet when asking. It's easy when you negotiate before meeting as well I find, that way it's pretty set in stone.

    *Take what you're worth*

    I love your blog by the way (:

    ReplyDelete